Thursday, July 2, 2015

Six Months of Books -- Mid-year Review


The beginning of this year I told myself and the world that I wouldn't be buying any books. I wanted to work on what I owned, that towering to be read pile in my bookshelves, and it would also be worth saving money so that I could apply my book money to other things.

If you follow my Instagram at all, you'll know this didn't happen. I've had my friend in California sending me books which I have devoured and then I've been a fiend when it comes to getting books onto my Kindle. With traveling to Florida in May, it was my preferred way of bringing books while managing limited space in my luggage. But I also just really enjoy buying books. It's an addiction, I suppose. I feel better when I buy books and I find pleasure in visiting book stores. But I have come a long way, there have been a few book store visits in the past number of months that haven't included book buying. I've finally reached a point where I can go to a book store and not feel I have to buy a book.

Still, books were bought and read over the past (first) half of the year. I have a goal of reading 52 books in the year 2015 and to have read 100 books by the time I turn 30 in one year. Upon this posting, I've read 25 books toward my 2015 goal and 51 toward my 30th birthday goal (I began that goal about a year ago).

So from January to the end of June, what have I been up to?




The Secret History by Donna Tartt
Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry
The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
Quiet by Susan Cain
Paper Towns by John Green
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
Shadows on My Heart by Lucy Rebecca Buck
The Wolves of Mercy Falls Books 1-3 by Maggtie Stiefvater
Love and Misadventures by Lang Leav
Lullabies by Lang Leav
The Raven Cycle Books 1-3 by Maggie Stiefvater




The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
Quiet by Susan Cain
Paper Towns by John Green
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
Shadows on My Heart by Lucy Rebecca Buck
The Wolves of Mercy Falls Books 1-3 by Maggtie Stiefvater
Love and Misadventures by Lang Leav
Lullabies by Lang Leav
The Raven Cycle Books 1-3 by Maggie Stiefvater
You Have to Fucking Eat by Adam Mansbach
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
The Shape of My Heart by Mark Sperring
Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
The Fall of Arthur by J.R.R. Tolkein




Prince Lestat by Anne Rice
The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
True Refuge by Tara Brach
Taking Woodstock by Elliot Tiber
Joy in the Morning by Betsy Smith
Dancing with Mr. Darcy
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Longbourn by Jo Baker
Summer and Bird by Katherine Catmull
The Circle Cast; The Lost Years of Morgan le Fay by Alex Epstein
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees
My Salinger Year by Joanna Rakoff
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
The Poetry of Lang Leav by Lang Leav


And there are more book reviews coming! I begin graduate school next month but I still intend to post. So, stay tuned for more reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!