Thursday, May 14, 2015

My Reading Nook -- Laura

My Reading Nook, a feature from Soon Remembered Tales, gives readers a chance to show off their favorite place to read.

What's your reading nook?

My book nook isn't tidy or necessarily beautiful, but it represents a place of sanctuary to me. It's where I can rest, and reflect, and most importantly read. Reading is a huge part of my life. I've always been a reader. I did my masters degree in language, because I'm so fascinated by the written and spoken word, and also speak Hebrew. Reading is not just my hobby and something I greatly enjoy, but, like for many people, it is an escape. Even if I'm not reading fiction (I often read books for work on PHP, SEO and HTML), I'm escaping out of my head. I have a recurrent illness where I get clusters of adenoma in my parotid, so I get sick every 1-2 years. That's why my book nook is so important to me. It's a place where I don't take my worries about surgery, radiotherapy, medications and pain. 



Why is the nook special?

It is, as I said above, a place to escape all the things that at any one time are going around in my head. My bed is another place I read. I won't have a TV in the bedroom, so it's a light, quiet space where I'm totally comfortable. This is where I go when I'm really sick, and need some peace and quiet.

About You: 

I work as a Digital Marketing Executive, and am absolutely obsessed with languages. During my uni years I learned Hebrew, Tibetan and Latin. Now I'm learning HTML, CSS and PHP. I spend my working days playing with code and managing the company website, and my mummy time with my beautiful daughter, partner and as many friends as I can fit in a day. 

Twitter: @LauraWild84

Interested in sharing your own reading nook? Take a look at the My Reading Nook tab for more information!