Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Currently - July 17th

Often times book bloggers either over share (and stray from reviewing books) or share too little about their lives. I want to share a little bit about myself so that you, the reader, will know who I, the writer, am. I have no intention of turning this into a personal blog but after seeing Currently posts from Sometimes Sweet I felt that it would be a nice break every once in awhile. 
Watching: I'm finally up to season 8 of Supernatural. It's taken me awhile and for quite some time I wasn't watching any of it because I've been so busy. But finally, I'm almost caught up. I also have begun to watch The White Queen which I really love so far. That may be because I miss The Tudors though.



Listening to: Cooking: I always listen to one of two things: Christmas music (holidays) or 8tracks (the rest of the year) so there's no point in keeping up with what I'm listening to. Cooking, however, I experiment with. I love to cook although it seems in the fall I am more comfortable with the recipes I work with but in the summer I'm often at a loss. I don't want hot food but I still want to cook fresh meals. In comes salads, fruits and veggies. I've been feasting on Mediterranean quinoa salad but now am switching it up and giving skillet pork chops saute with peaches a try.

Thinking about: Traveling and budgets. I think it would be extremely helpful if High Schools had budgeting classes for their students. If teens learned how to budget and the benefits of savings, what's bad about different kinds of loans, and how to handle credit cards would be fabulous and helpful. I didn't have much help in that department and I'm figuring it out as I go along. I'm a single woman in her 20's and I haven't anyone to depend on to help me financially. Not to mention that I live in a very expensive area (hey, Washington, DC). But again, I'm in my 20's and I want to adventure. I have wanderlust continuously and I want to explore. With that, I'm budgeting my little heart out with intentions of finishing off 2013 with three more vacations: Tampa, Boston, and to visit my parents. Here's hoping I can swing it!

Loving: My new apartment! It's so spacious and lovely and in a really great area. I'm close to stores, close to the metro, and close to beautiful running paths that go along the river and through the trees. I've slept better than I have in months and I have 10 hours a week given back to my life because I've saved that much time from commuting.

Reading: Ender's Game which I don't particularly enjoy. I've never been very interested in Scifi (I'm quite shocked I enjoy Doctor Who) and space-stuff just bores me. I've been dragging through the book and I'm so close to finishing it right now that I just want it done. There are so many other books I could be reading and I have so little time!


Making Me Happy: Running! I've struggled long and hard with running because I've had varying injuries due to dance. My knees, toes, and hips kind of hate me for it. I often would go running on a treadmill before I moved and it was always a painful struggle. Then I partook in my first 5k and ran much faster than I ever did before. I assumed it was due to the environment but since I've moved I've picked up running with my roommate three times a week and it's been a lot of fun. I've been getting better and my body hasn't rejected it all. I'm thrilled and I hope to keep it up! I'm also happy that I was able to see one of my closest friends for the Fourth of July and my birthday--which was on the 6th--for the first time in five years. We visited the zoo, celebrated the fourth on the Capitol steps, and played dress up. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Bring on my new year of life, I hope it's a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!