Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Currently - March 12th

Often times book bloggers either over share (and stray from reviewing books) or share too little about their lives. I want to share a little bit about myself so that you, the reader, will know who I, the writer, am. I have no intention of turning this into a personal blog but after seeing Currently posts from Sometimes Sweet I felt that it would be a nice break every once in awhile. 
Watching: Community, a show which I've enjoyed each season, but this season I feel a little off. Last season I couldn't wait for the next episode and I still very much love all of the characters but there is just something that doesn't click this time around and that makes me sad. Apparently a lot of other fans feel the same way. Boo.

Listening to: My 8tracks station. Is that sad? I generally make my own mixes and I enjoy writing the descriptions and the likes. I have an ipod shuffle and am too lazy to make the mixes on there so I just listen to my mixes on 8tracks at work. It's sort of wonderful. Of course, I listen to other 8track mixes (you can see what ones I like here)

Thinking about: The future and how to prepare for it. That sounds sort of dire, I know, but it's meant in the most positive of ways. I have so many places I want to go and explore and I know I'm fully capable of doing all of that... so long as I plan accordingly. I feel rather horrible that I've been extremely antisocial since returning from Florida in November (when I lost my grandfather) but part of that is due to the fact that I am still very much in mourning. Besides that, I just can't be social in the sense of going out and doing things. I need to save every penny I can so that I may do what I want to with my future. That, for the main part, consists of reigning in student loan debt, taking more classes to help my career, and travel. The travel is the exciting thing. I would rather be anti-social now, because I don't want to spend extra money, then be able to tour the UK next year for two weeks!



Loving: The spring-like weather we had this past weekend. I spent Saturday and Sunday with family and was able to take a walk with my eldest cousin and his two kids. It seemed everyone had the same thought as the walking paths were very busy!

Reading: King Arthur's Enchantresses, I wanted something with a substance of history and a brush of the literature classes I once attended in college. Thus far, this book has been exactly what I've been looking for and I'm really glad to be learning more of the history of the character Morgan le Fay.

Making Me Happy: Hearing birds chirping early in the morning, seeing robins hop around on the ground, and the sun setting later and later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!