Saturday, February 2, 2013

January Wrap Up

Wow, has it really been three months since I've done a monthly wrap up? Hopefully I won't fail to do this in the future and will keep up with these posts. 

January came and went and I'm glad for it as I'm not a fan of the month. We had some unseasonably warm temperatures (mid 70's) and some horrible winter weather (hello, single digit temperatures). I know one thing -- I'm ready for spring! 




The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter is something I was quite happy to see on the shelves as I knew Aimee way back in the day when we were both High School students looking into the same college. While the book certainly was not a great highlight of my reading experiences, I am happy for Aimee and wish her the best with her publishing adventures.
Guenevere, Queen of the Summer Country by Rosalind Miles - I really and truly disliked the book and have little to say other than go and read the review.

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger is something I read in 2012 but kept putting off the review. This is another book I really disliked for varying reasons.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - I am just beginning to realize how many book reviews I had in January which were discontent reviews. This is another book that I'd rather pass in the future.
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion was probably the book I enjoyed best for the month. It's now a movie and currently in theatres so go check it out!
With the new year I set up a list of goals pertaining to this blog and reading in general. I discussed my exhaustion from various real-life events that have been going on and a way I've learned to handle this exhaustion and try to take away my stress. The 52 Lists project caught my attention and I'm happily partaking in it, but first I had to play catch up with this four week post.

I moved some things around my blog and cleaned it up a bit. To the right you should see some social media icons which will hopefully take you to Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and  my LinkedIn. There is also a link to my Wordpress blog, Abscond to Wander, in which I write about travel experiences. 

Also, a note for authors, I am currently not accepting books of any form unless from publishing companies whom I already work with. I simply have not the time but hopefully in the future I'll be able to open myself up to possible reviews. Sorry but thank you for understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!