Thursday, February 21, 2013

Booking Through Thursday - February 21st


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks questions are: 
How often do you visit a library? Do you go to borrow books? Do research? Check out the multi-media center? Hang out with the friendly and knowledgeable staff? Are you there out of love or out of need?

My Answer:
I used to visit the Daniel Pierce Library weekly when I was a little girl. Then, as a teenager, I regularly volunteered at my High School library and my town's library so I visited one nearly every day. As an adult my library time has dropped significantly. Lack of time, a job to pay for the books I want to read, and currently -- lack of car -- have all contributed to this. Lucky for me that a new library is opening THIS SATURDAY a mere two miles from my house. I walk those two miles quite often and I can't wait to visit this beautiful two floor library! I already submitted my information for my library card so I really can't wait to go. While I was close with the staff of the previous libraries, never checked out the multi-media center, and I used to borrow books at this new library I hope to use it as a place to do work, writing, and research when I need it. It'll be a place to slip off to when I want to get out of the house but I still need to get things done. Really, I've been looking forward to the opening of this library since January. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!