Monday, January 28, 2013

Musing Mondays - January 28th



Hosted by Should Be Reading, Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits. 
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s). 
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
My Answer:
Right now I am reading A Million Little Pieces by James Frey and I'm not very far into the book at all, which is a shame. I am enjoying it thus far but I must say that I started the book off in a strange situation. Typically, I read books in the morning and afternoons on my bus to and from work. I'll read for a handful of minutes or pages and then put it away to either sleep or just stare at the window (I get motion sickness after awhile). The morning I began reading this book was freezing and I had waited 15 minutes in the cold before finally getting to board my bus. I sat down, nestled against the window (and heater) and took the book out. I literally had just opened the book and was reading the quote before the first chapter when a man sat down next to me and, quite awkwardly, began staring at me. After a few moments he spoke, "You know, that's fake, right?" I looked at him and didn't really react, just stared, because it was 6:30 in the morning, freezing, and I was still waking up. "Excuse me?" "The book is fake. The author faked it." I continued staring at him for a moment, completely perplexed by why this man wanted to inform me of this just as I was starting a book and at 6:30 in the morning. "Oh. Okay. Thanks... I'll keep that in mind," was my reply before I put my headphones on and began listening to music and reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!