Thursday, January 3, 2013

Booking Through Thursday - January 3rd


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks questions are: 
Any reading resolutions for the new year? Reading more? (Reading less?) Reading better books? Bigger books? More series? More relaxing books? And hey, feel free to talk about any other resolutions you might have, too … or why you choose NOT to have any.

My Answer:
I refuse to call it a resolution. The term "resolution" puts too much stress on me and makes me usually falter and fail at whatever I set for myself. And yet, I will do goals by weeks, months, days, years -- whichever. The word "goals" doesn't scare me off quite as much. And with that I do have a reading goal: I want to read 100 books. I've done it before and last year I only read 50 something books but this is a little different. I want to read fifty adult books and fifty children's books. I miss doing reviews of picture books from the kid's section of bookstores. I enjoyed sitting there reading the 30 or so pages full of pictures. Reviews of kids books are a little tough because they're so short, but they're still fun and I used to take pleasure in being knowledgeable of children's books. So that's that. Fifty adult and fifty children's books to be read before the end of the year. 
Besides that goal I hope to save up money this year for the multiple trips I'll be taking and to continue to better my health and fitness. We'll see if that happens though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!