Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Soon Remembered Tales Book Wrap Up!

There was a lot going on in 2011 and 2012 held something exciting: the rebirth of Soon Remembered Tales. For those of you who have stuck by me through the years, thank you, I know I wasn't always very quick to post and I'm grateful that I didn't make you all run away.

I had a lot of hope for this year that I would get a lot of reading done and keep this blog full of new posts and life. I think I did a decent job at maintaining that despite the highs and lows of this year. I moved out of my parents house, went to another state, learned the ins and outs of Washington DC, and got a new job. I was busy exploring my new home and lost someone very important to me while dealing with two other family emergencies. It has been a crazy year and so I hope you understand that while I may not have updated quite as often as I would have liked, I'm proud I updated at all. If I could keep this blog alive during all of this I really have no excuse to continue keeping it alive in the future.

So Happy New Year; welcome 2013; I hope I have many more book reviews to share with you in the future.

For this end of the year wrap up, it's going to be a little bigger than most of my other wrap ups (which I failed to do last month -- sorry!) but why not? Everyone else is doing Best of 2012 lists, so this is my very own -- with pictures!

Favorite Book of the Year:
Deathless by Catherynne M Valente

Favorite Book of the Year Runner Up:
Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story by Ashley Marie Witter

Least Favorite Book of the Year:
College Girl by Patricia Weitz


Least Favorite Book of the Year Runner Up:
Tied between Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly and Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


Most Popular Post:
The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger

Book Reviews
Below is the list of books I've read and/or reviewed during the course of this crazy year! Check out the accompanying links to each review and take a peak at what you may have missed.
  1. The Girl Who Was On Fire Collaboration of different authors
  2. Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
  3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  4. I Am Morgan le Fay by Nancy Springer
  5. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
  6. The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters: Phantom by LJ Smith
  7. Claire de Lune: Nocturne by Christine Johnson
  8. Writing Tools & The Daily Writer by Roy Peter Clark & Fred White
  9. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
  10. The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries: Book #4 by LJ Smith
  11. Insight Guides: Boston City Guide by Rachel Lawrence
  12. The Lorax by Dr Seuss
  13. The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
  14. Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
  15. The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice
  16. I Am Mordred by Nancy Springer
  17. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  18. Juliet by Anne Fortier
  19. The Gardener by Sarah Stewart
  20. Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
  21. PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
  22. College Girl by Patricia Weitz
  23. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
  24. DK Eyewitness Travel - Washington, DC by Susan Burke
  25. The House on Blackstone Moor by Carole Gill
  26. Darkness Before Dawn by JA London
  27. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
  28. Bayou Myth by Mary Ann Loesch
  29. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  30. Intangible by J Meyers
  31. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
  32. The Doorknob Society by MJ Fletcher
  33. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  34. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
  35. The Pemberely Chronicles by Rebecca Ann Collins
  36. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  37. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  38. Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson
  39. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  40. Sierra by Taylor Dean
  41. Girl of Nightmares (Anna Dressed in Blood) by Kendare Blake
  42. Deathless by Catherynne M Valente
  43. Her Fearful Symmetry -- Review will be posted in January
  44. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George RR Martin
  45. Moonsilver (The Unicorn's Secret, Book 1) by Kathleen Duey
  46. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
  47. Le Morte D'Avalon by J Robert King
  48. Looking for Alaska -- Review will be posted in January
  49. The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea
  50. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
  51. The Goddess Test -- Review will be posted in January
  52. Mortal Instruments -- Review will be posted in January
  53. Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story by Ashley Marie Witter
  54. The Snow Child -- Review will be posted in January
  55. GPO Style Manual -- No Review
For past reviews, check out the Book Review Archive where titles are listed, well, somewhat alphabetically!
Erica R Hopper. Please quote or link back, do not repost as your own. soonrememberedtales.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!