Monday, November 19, 2012

Musing Mondays - November 19th



Hosted by Should Be Reading, this week's musing asks...
Do you read the ending before you start a book? Do you ever skip ahead to read the ending?
My Answer:
I would never tell someone to read the end of a book. That is a decision to be made by the reader themselves and people are awfully opinionated about such things. For me, if I feel like it, I will sometimes allow myself to read the very last sentence of a book. This has bit me in the butt all of once when it ruined the ending for me and I don't do it quite as often as I used to but that last sentence, I feel, is essential and holds a lot of importance in a book. At times if I am reading a book I really dislike or can't seem to get myself to stick with it I'll skip to the end and read the final chapter with hopes that everything is wrapped up in it and I can put the book down and feel satisfied that I "knew what happened." But even this only happens on the rarest of occasions  If I dislike a book that much I am more likely to shelf it rather than try and read that ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!