Sunday, November 4, 2012

Currently

Often times book bloggers either over share (and stray from reviewing books) or share too little about their lives. I used to do a lot more personal posts on this blog but then spent a weekend going through my blog and deleting almost all of them. Still, I want to share a little bit about myself so that you, the reader, will know who I, the writer, am. I have no intention of turning this into a personal blog but after seeing these Currently posts from Sometimes Sweet I felt that it would be a nice break every once in awhile without it being overkill and I could also tuck this into the weekend when my blog lacks posts. Anyway, the point is to discuss what is currently going on so here we go!

Watching: The Wonder Years believe it or not. I used to watch this show when I was a kid and I remember all of two things: I hated the brother and I loved the sister. Those opinions remain as I discovered the show on Netflix and have been marathoning it over the past two weeks. It's left me laughing and feeling nostalgic for my childhood.

Doing NaNoWriMo with the company of hot cocoa and pumpkin seeds
Listening to: I may or may not be listening to Christmas music. Here's the thing, I love Christmas music with a passion and typically listen to a Christmas song at least once a month (usually Carol of the Bells because that is my jam [favorites one, two and three; also another song I really love]). But when I am cooking or trying to work on writing I most typically listen to holiday music because it, to me, is relaxing. It's comforting noise that I can sort of tune out and it helps me concentrate on my task at hand. But once Halloween is over I begin to listen to it more consistently and yes, I still love it despite my years working retail.

Thinking about:
NaNoWriMo. I've done NaNoWriMo for six years now and have won four times. I am a person who likes to finish lists and in my mind that 50,000 word count chart is akin to a list. It bothers me to no end if I do not finish it so it kills me when I can't or don't win. Last year I was too busy and only made it halfway through before giving up and this year I completely forgot about NaNoWriMo until the 30th. I quickly put together some idea of what I'd write about and we'll see how far I get. You can friend me here.

Loving:
My family and friends. With Hurricane Sandy come and gone and so much devastation left in its wake I realize how lucky I am. None of my family or friends lost their homes nor did they suffer much damage. The worst was that my mother was without power or the phone for days (plural, mind you) but even that isn't too bad compared to the people who lost their homes due to flood, the tide, winds or fire. My heart goes out to those people and is very heavy. It's odd to feel so lucky yet feel so sad. I love being a New Yorker (even if I no longer live there) and I love being from the North East. We certainly group together when we need to.

Reading: 
Too many books. I've been studying the Chicago Manual of Style but also reading The Life of Pi and American Gods. Not going to lie, I'm focusing on American Gods more as it is capturing my attention a lot more than The Life of Pi.

The strong northern wind was making the temps drop into the low 30's yesterday!
Making me happy:
My warm bed. Honestly, when winter draws close I love my bed more and more. I find it harder to get out of bed in the morning because the blankets are so warm and comfy. I finished crocheting a blanket recently and it has just added to the comfort. So if you can't find me, expect that I am hidden under covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!