Thursday, November 15, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - November 15th


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks questions are: 
What’s your favorite place to read? Do you have more than one? Can you read anywhere, or do you need things to be “just right?” Bonus points for sharing a photo of your favorite spot. (grin)

My Answer:
If I want to read for a long period of time -- really get into a book and devour it as much as possible -- I have to be at one of my reading spots. Typically it's somewhere quiet and away from others, also known as my bedroom. Back at my parents house I have a "reading chair" which I unfortunately couldn't take on my move. I love that chair something fierce and have spent many hours in it. I can't wait until I reach a point in life that I'll have the room to bring that chair back. It was big enough to curl up in or recline it and rest my legs, I'd burrow down with blankets and pillows and a cup of tea and ah... I really miss my chair. Here in Virginia my reading spot has been my bed but my issue with that is that I typically end up falling asleep. Otherwise, I can read anywhere if I'm just intending on reading a few pages. However, those reading spots, my beloved reading chair, are specific for heavy duty reading. 

My reading chair, in Pennsylvania, with my (late) kitty Oliver. He was the best reading buddy I ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!