Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Wrap Up



Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it's made even more special since it is during my all time favorite month which lands during my favorite season. I adore this time of year and the other holidays to come but it's always a little bittersweet to see the fall come and go seemingly so quickly.

Still, the earlier nights leave me indoors more often and hence I read more so many of these books were read quickly, the reviews written and posted, and then they sat and waited until their number was called. It'll likely be this way for the next few months if my adventures into reading continue.

Last Halloween we had snow from a snow storm a few days beforehand. This year we had a hurricane to cause some destruction. I would have hated this as a kid but it's given me plenty of time to read! But on a completely serious note, my heart goes out to those who are still feeling the effects of this storm and I hope for a speedy recovery to all. If you would like to donate to relief efforts I added a button on the top right side of this page.



In Case You Missed It

October Book Reviews:
Girl of Nightmares (Anna Dressed in Blood) the continuation of Anna Dressed in Blood didn't capture my attention quite like the first book did but it was perfect for a Halloween-esque read!
The Casual Vacancy really disappointed me and I ended up re-shelving the book, never finishing it, because it was literally boring me to tears. 
Deathless is, by far, my favorite book at the moment. I own two different copies (one as an e-reader, one as a hard cover) and I fully intend on reading as many of the author's books as I can get my hands on. 
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) took me a very long time to read but I really enjoyed it! I want to read the next book in the series - I just have to wait until I get through some of my other purchased books first. 

Other News:
The first week of October was the annual Banned Books Week. Every year I try to get a few different posts in pertaining to books which have been challenged or banned through out the country. This year's selection was:

I also had the opportunity to host two weeks of Crazy for Book's Book Blogger Hop which was a great experience and brought me many a new follower; hello, new followers!

And this isn't related to my blog but it's about one of my favorite authors: Neil Gaiman. 
If you go to Audible.com you can download Neil Gaiman's short (and creepy) story Click-Clack the Rattlebag for free. It gets even better than this - for each download audible will donate $1 (up to $100,000) to the charity DonorsChoose.org. So you get a nice and spooky short story for Halloween and you get to help out a charity! So go to it, it's the last day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...