Monday, October 15, 2012

Musing Mondays - October 15th



Hosted by Should Be Reading, this week's musing asks...
Do you have a system as to which books to read from your requested review pile? What is it? What about when there are too many to read in a certain time frame?
My Answer:
When I receive ARCs or books from authors with the request for review I attempt to try and read the books in order in which they were received unless otherwise detailed in the agreement that there was a specific date I would have to read the book by. Generally, I read a book at a time and that is a rule I try to follow with all books I read. So if, say, I am reading Looking for Alaska right now and received a ARC for an up and coming book, I would finish Looking for Alaska before proceeding with the ARC (unless the agreement stated otherwise). It generally takes me a week to read a book, give or take a few days and of course how long (or sometimes how short and boring) the book is so I never really fret about tossing my current read aside in favor of something that needs to be reviewed because I know I will be reading it within a matter of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!