Friday, October 19, 2012

Blog Hop - October 19th

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop


This Weeks Question:
How did you find out about book blogging and what made you decide to start one yourself?

My Answer:
I honestly can't recall how I found out about book blogging itself. I do recall my introduction to blogging and how I decided to start my own blog - mainly through following other blogs that were about people's lives and adventures. I wanted to do something similar, to write about my life, but my life wasn't all that exciting at that point. I had just graduated college in May of 2008 and the economy had taken its dive. I was living in a desolate area where the only jobs were for Walmart, waitressing, and car repair and I felt completely shot down for all hopes of having an awesome career. I began reading a lot as a way to escape reality but also because I could read whatever I wanted - in college everything was assigned. However, I missed the structure of discussing what I read and I felt that I too easily forgot stories I had read in the past. So began this book blog as a way for me to detail books I've read and the feelings they gave me. I remember, and always have remembered, the books I've read based on what has been going on around me and in my life - the finer details of what the weather was doing or what was happening at that point in my life - but I wanted to record it all. I began writing here and slowly started having some followers to my utter surprise. That still continues today and I love it. This blog has helped me to realize the passion I have and what I want to do with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!