Monday, September 3, 2012

Musing Mondays - September 3rd


Hosted by Should Be Reading, this week's musing asks...


Have you ever considered writing a book before? What genre would you write?
My Answer:

I actually have written many things but I am too shy to pursue publishing, at least right now in this stage of my life. As a teenager I was more daring which led to me being published in a few poetry anthologies, but my stories and manuscripts stayed tucked away as they still are. I love to write but upon going to college it seemed that all of my creative side went out the window. My tastes changed and my life got busy and I had intense writers block. Now, I'm happy if I can just make it through NaNoWriMo each year. I miss it, the joy I felt when creating a story. I miss being tucked away in the early night time winter hours or until 4 am in the summer writing and writing. It was the perfect writers lifestyle that I yearn to have as an adult and I don't think I appreciated it as much as I could have while a teen. Now real life gets in the way, I have other things that take priority, and my lack of creative ideas hinders any possibility I would have to write. But one day. One day I'll write. 

In fact, as a teen I had this dream that I would go away to the New England coast and rent out a room at a bed and breakfast. I'd stay there and write during the evenings or days, only leaving to visit the beach or the little town for food or maybe a rest on my eyes, and I would write the most beautiful story that displayed all of my strengths as a writer. I still have that dream. I still want to do that. Maybe, if I obtain a permanent full time job, I'll be able to take a little vacation and do just that. Here's hoping! 
And for my genre - my most easy writing ends up being YA of the paranormal variety. But I would really like to write adult fiction or historic fiction. That'd be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!