Friday, September 21, 2012

Blog Hop - September 21st

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop


This Weeks Question:
What is one thing that your blog readers probably do not know about you?

My Answer:
Yikes, I haven't been able to do a Blog Hop since August! None the less, this took some thinking to answer because I've been intending for, oh, about a month to do a "if you knew me" type of post just for my readers to have some insight on my life. But I don't want to end up repeating myself and yet come out sounding somewhat interesting! Anyway... I suppose one thing that my readers probably do not know about me is that while I received my degree in English (with the intention of getting a certification in publishing the moment I have a permanent job) I actually intended on applying to art schools for most of my High School career! 
While I loved reading and writing, I also loved art (and still do!) and I wanted to study it. That, however, changed when I had somewhat of an epiphany while going through the details of how to get into art school. Basically, when I realized I would have to present a portfolio of my work I lost most faith in myself. I wasn't quite sure I wanted to do it anymore. I take criticism of my artwork very hard because I already criticize it myself on an endless basis. I couldn't imagine going to school for four years and having people correct my art all the time! I'd end up with a complex! But reading, writing, those were two other subjects that I loved and I realized - why not study that? I actually loved all things English so much more and it was a daily part of my life while art was something more like a whim. So while I had originally intended on sending my applications into schools with "Art" listed as my declared major, I changed it to "English" and there you have it!


In Other News:
If you'll be attending the National Book Festival tomorrow on the National Mall in Washington, DC - LET ME KNOW! Or follow my twitter for live updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!