Monday, August 20, 2012

Musing Mondays - August 20th


Hosted by Should Be Reading, this week's musing asks...


Have you ever reread a book and found that your opinion changed?
My Answer:
Most certainly. I have reread a lot of beloved children's and young adult books on this blog and typically my opinion, the second (or even third) time around is always greatly different than my original interpretation. Even books that I read in college (specifically, assigned reading) I try and give another go now that I am no longer in school. I despised any book given to me as an assignment and that prejudice was often uncalled for. Once I reread the book on my own, willingly, my opinion would be vastly different. I would be blown away from the book and enjoy it so much more. Aside from that, reading a book with added years of experience or just my point of view having changed from that of a teen to an adult gives me a certain insight I had never expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!