Thursday, August 2, 2012

Booking Through Thursday


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks questions are: 

Overall, what factor most influences your choice of your next read? 
What is it that makes you want to read a book by an author you have never read before?

My Answer:
When deciding what to read next it depends on what is going on at that moment in my life. Currently, I am not allowing myself to buy any new books because I have so many unread books laying around. With that, I'll look over the bookshelf and pick something that I "feel" like reading. I wanted something soft, lovely, and much like a dream recently so I decided to pick up The Pemberley Chronicles. However, if I have a book given to me for a review I will push aside my desire to read for pleasure and pick up the review book instead. Currently, I'm switching back and forth: one pleasure book followed by a banned book so that I may prepare for my Banned Books Week. It's all about my current priorities. Although, after getting my Banned Books Week events taken care of, I'm going to refuse reviews for a month and just read whatever I feel like reading.  
For books by author's I've never read before it all depends on three things: 1) if I have been suggested the book by friends whom I feel have the same tastes as me. 2) the book cover (I know, don't judge a book by its cover and all that) but the cover has to catch my eye! Otherwise I may overlook it in a store 3) what the blurb of the book says and how interesting the first page is. I always read the back of a book and if that catches my attention I'll turn to the first page. Entertaining? Makes me want to know more? Great. Then I'll consider buying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!