Thursday, August 30, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - August 30th


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks questions are: 
Do you find yourself thinking that the books you read would be good on film? Do you wish the things you watched on TV or in the movies were available as book? 
Some really can’t be converted, of course, but some definitely can (and it’s not always the ones you think will work). There’s something to be said for different forms of media, but a good story is universal … or is it??

My Answer:
Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere was the last book (and the first to come to mind) which I heavily thought, "This needs to be a movie." I didn't want to let that book go. I didn't want it to end. So I was eager and hopeful to see it continue in one form or another. I also wanted to see how the world was played out. And I don't mean a mini-series! I want a full movie. I want a lot of money put into it. I want to feel like it's real. When I had read The Hunger Games I also wanted to see it as a film. For The Night Circus, however, I shy away from the concept. It's all a difference of visual opinion. People want different things in different forms or no form at all but the original. For some books, their movie versions work perfectly while other's the movie ends up being better than the book (Under the Tuscan Sun for example).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!