Monday, July 23, 2012

Musing Mondays - July 23rd


Hosted by Should Be Reading, this week's musing asks...
Do you read magazines? If so, which ones? If not, why not?

My Answer:
I'm not an avid magazine reader. While in High School and college I had subscriptions to fashion magazines - Seventeen and Glamour - but have since not paid for a magazine subscription because I am not consistently interested in magazines to make it worth the subscription. Sometimes, I'll pick up a fashion magazine just for something "brainless" to read. Not to say that all fashion magazines are brainless but for me, personally, I will typically use a fashion magazine to flip through while on a road trip or at an airport. They're quick and easy reads.  
However, if I were to say I read magazines I would have to say it's whatever strikes my fancy and typically I buy most of my magazines during the late summer and early fall. What magazines? Ones with Victorian homes, crafts, or cooking recipies. If the cover strikes my fancy I'll snag it and devour accordingly. They're also the magazines that I most typically keep, rather than recycle. I still use the recipies from a Halloween magazine by Martha Stewart from two years ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!