Friday, July 20, 2012

Blog Hop - July 20th

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop

This Weeks Question:
What’s the ONE super-hyped book you’ll NEVER read?

My Answer:
The Fifty Shades books. Seriously. I've read better smut through teenager's fanfiction. The book, from what little I have seen through excerpts and the likes, looks horribly written. The relationship within it seems abusive, at best, and it's just... just so bad. The fact that it was originally Twilight fanfiction (was that what it was? It's what I've been hearing but I don't want to precious moments of my life looking for an answer) makes it pretty bad. The fact that all I've been seeing on my facebook have been updates of people squealing over how "romantic" it is leaves me disturbed. But, these are the same people who found the relationships in Twilight to be a loving bond, while much of it was controlling and manipulative. I don't want to read the book, not even to make an angry or witty review about it. But I have caught up on some awesome reviews. My favorite review is by Katrina Lumsden who added gifs to bring an entirely new level of awesome to her review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!