Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Wrap Up

I can't believe June is almost over! Where has this month gone? And it looks like July is going to be just as busy, if not more so, with the 4th of July, my birthday, family events and travel. So while I haven't had much time to read, I am reading, and I hope to have more book reviews in the near future. This month will now be known as the month I became a Virginian resident. While I moved here in April I finally got my license just this week and can now say I am a true resident. I'm rather excited!


Books Reviewed:
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen continues with my love affair of this author's novels. Every one of her books are magical and enjoyable for me. I love them all and it's a rarity for me to say that I love an author's every single book but Allen holds that title for me.

Bayou Myth by Mary Ann Loesch was a pleasant surprise and a chance for me to devour some much needed Voodoo fiction in this hot summer heat. As a part of the Reading Addiction Blog Tour I was thrilled to have had the opportunity to read this book. Quick, fun, and filled with just the right amount of deities I was happy to read it and left feeling content when I finished the book.


Other Posts:
Since moving to NoVA I have been trying to grab hold of every touristy activity that I could manage to grasp. With that, I've gathered a collection of photos of which you can view in my Tourism post. I'm loving the DC area with a fiery passion and I fully intend on posting more tourism posts in the future. However, you can check out more details and area specific photographs/dialogue on my newly made tourism blog: Abscond to Wander.


News: 
As mentioned, I have a hectic July coming up and I can't wait. The fourth of July will be spent in Washington, DC and I will be attending A Capitol Fourth. On the 6th I'll be celebrating my (gulp) 26th birthday with friends at a sculpture garden. The 7th? A bbq with my huge family. The 8th? Well, the 8th is extra special. I'll be attending my first ballet - the Paris Opera Ballet to be specific - at the Kennedy Center to see Giselle. It's my birthday gift to myself and I am ecstatic at the opportunity! Otherwise, July is going to consist of a lot of birthday parties and some travel, maybe even a trip to the beach! I adore where I now live and life is wonderful. Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July to my American readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!