Thursday, May 3, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - May 3rd


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks question is:
Do you have siblings? Do they like to read?

Answer:
I am an only child. Something I absolutely hated as a child; I always wanted a big brother and a little sister. Of course, both of my parents come from large families so I had a slew of cousins, some of which I considered the closest things to "siblings." I even had a best friend, since we were four, who is like a sister to me. So to answer the second question I will answer it based on the people in my life who are like siblings. 

My cousins whom I am closest two all like to read. They were always interested in classic literature when we were growing up while I was more into the mainstream books that were out. When I hit my teenage years I began to spend more time with these cousins and their books. Hearing them talk about the magic held within these books piqued my own interest and I began to read them. They helped bring me into the world of classic literature without even knowing it. Beforehand I despised all classic literature because I saw them as school assignments but not anymore. My best friend, however, isn't a big reader. I can't honestly recall the last time we discussed a book other than in high school. But that's fine, she has her interests and I have mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!