Thursday, May 10, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - May 10th


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks question is: 
Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?

My Answer:

I think I'm a blend of the two, to be honest. I know some people who are very obvious extroverts and others who are (almost painfully) introverted. Text book cases of both things and I know I am not such an extreme of either. As a child I was most certainly more introverted than anything but as I've gotten older I've gotten more comfortable with being around others, talking in public, having multiple friends, going out and doing things. 
Currently I'm jobless. I've moved to a new area and all I do, Monday-Friday, is sit alone in my flat applying to jobs. The only contact I have is with friends over the Internet and my roommate at night. After little over a week of doing this I was becoming anxious. I needed to get out, I needed to be around people. All I wanted was to be in a shopping center or a museum walking around where other people were. That was all I needed. Did I need to talk to these people? No. I wanted to be alone but I just wanted to see other life moving about. 
With friends, I enjoy going out and spending time with them. I love my friends so very much but I always reach a point, a few hours into the outing, where I just want to go home and go into my room. I've had my fill of interaction and I'm set to be home. 
I cannot grasp how extroverts and introverts go about their lives, either. How extroverts are find with a busy schedule, constant phone calls, running around and always being around other people. I don't understand how they can live like that, although I try, without getting exhausted or freaking out on the people around them and demanding alone time. I also don't understand how some introverts can be content to go days without speaking to any of their friends or getting online, answering emails, whichever. I feel it sounds too lonely.
So to really answer the question, I think I am an introvert with extroverted tendencies. I have the best of both worlds. I can handle being around people and doing all those extroverted things - but only for a certain amount of time. I also am more than happy to spend time by myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!