Monday, April 23, 2012

Musing Mondays - April 23rd

Hosted by Should Be Reading, this week's musing asks...

Other than working at a job, what is your biggest interruption to reading? What takes you away from your book(s)?

Answer:
Daily life tends to get in the way. Currently I am job hunting and I consider that my new full time job. After nine in the morning I go through job listing after job listing. I work on my resume and cover letter(s) and send them out with my fingers and toes crossed. Meanwhile, the book I'm reading is sitting nearby, looking at me pitifully and begging to be read. Really, applying to jobs isn't the most pleasant experience. It's stressful (for me, at least) and I tend to worry endlessly over the impression I'm making. So why wouldn't a book which I'm enjoying serve as a temptation? Aside from that, when I am not doing job applications I may be outside bike riding or running, cleaning the place I am now living, working on this blog, or doing private writing with a friend. I'm trying to secure an hour each day where all I do is read - preferably an hour that doesn't involve me going to bed because I tend to lay down and give up the opportunity to read so that I can sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!