Thursday, April 5, 2012

Booking Through Thursdays - April 5th


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks question is: 
If someone asked you for a book recommendation, what is the FIRST book you’d think to recommend (without extra thought)?
My Answer:
I worked as a bookseller at Borders for a year and a half and spent a four month stint working at a Waldenbooks as well. Recommending books was a major part of my job and I absolutely loved being able to offer people insight into books that I stood by due to their excellent storytelling and imagery. Of course, my recommendations always varied depending on what the customer wanted: a book for a 12-year-old boy, a book for a wife, a newborn, etc. But if someone walked up to me and simply said, "Recommend a book, any book." (which they often times did) my go to recommendation was always The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. I still adore this book, even now after nearly three years, and I still would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good book that will also be a little mind blowing. I even had some customers come back to the store to inform me how much they appreciated the recommendation because they adored the book!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!