Thursday, April 12, 2012

Booking Through Thursdays - April 12th


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks question is: 
What book took you the longest to read, and do you feel it was the content or just the length that made it so?

My Answer:
Most recently, Juliet by Anne Fortier took me much longer than I felt it would. It did feel rather like an eternity to make my way through the book, even if it was in all actuality only a week or so.  What was worse was College Girl, which a review will be posted on the 27th (or more like a criticism). The more I dislike a book, the more each day spent on reading feels like five days of reading. 

Otherwise, the one book I know took me near forever to finish was The Lord of the Rings. I read all three books in the trilogy in one huge printed copy, so I consider it "one" book. I adored the tale but it took me at least a month to get through (I think I started it in October and finished it just before Christmas during 2001). For that, it was all right that I took my time because it was so long and there was so many details to go through. The difference between the books mentioned above and LotR was that I truly enjoyed every moment with LotR and the lengthy period of time it too me to read the book wasn't an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!