Monday, April 30, 2012

April 2012 Wrap Up

April showers bring May flowers although in the North East the May flowers began to arrive all the way back in March! This month had its super warm days and really chilly ones!

Books Reviewed:
Neverwhere, which took the spot as my favorite Neil Gaiman book, was a wonderful read that left me breathless and wishing for more. It was certainly my favorite book that I read during the month.

Juliet was somewhat of a let down. I had expected to enjoy it more but found that it only truly caught my interest towards the end of the novel. Not because it was "finally ending" necessarily, although at times it felt that way, but because the beginning was so drawn out and slow.

The Gardener was a brightly colored children's book that's perfect for this springtime weather and should be on the bookshelf of any little gardener you may have.

Make Way for Ducklings is a classic that is once more perfect for spring with the arrival of ducklings everywhere.

PS, I Love You was not quite as upsetting as the movie (in my honest opinion, I know others disagree) but it was still rather heart wrenching and had me riding along with the main character on her rollercoaster ride of emotions.

College Girl certainly was the most unenjoyable book I read for the month. I only pushed through it because I wanted to be able to give a review that appropriately ripped into it. Yes, I really disliked it that much. 

Other Posts:
A Guest Review by Ash of Through Her Ribcage for the book Fallen.

News:
As mentioned in my Ch-ch-changes post - I moved! I now live in the Washington, DC metro area. I'm trying to get some grounding under my feet, adjust as quickly as I can, and find a job. Hopefully I'll be working somewhere doing something in no time. Any fingers crossed and positive vibes sent my way would be greatly appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!