Thursday, March 29, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - March 29th


Brought to you by the site Booking Through Thursday, each Thursday readers are asked a question (mainly book related) and answers are shared.

This weeks questions are:
Are there any fictional characters whom you have emulated (or tried to)?
Not so much now, as an adult, have I tried to emulate myself with any characters. But as a child I was always attempting to imitate one character or another. I wanted to be an elf from the Lord of the Rings (Galadriel one day, Arwen the other) and would imitate how I saw them behave quite often. I had a wild imagination and other days I was one of the children from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Another favorite character of mine was imitating Morgan le Fay (around friends). Oh boy, how embarrassing to admit all of this! As an adult I've tried to more so emulate ways of thought and personality traits of characters I've liked, but nothing of the extreme of my childhood.

The second question is:
Who and why? What literary character do you feel is most like you personality-wise (explain)?
My friends joke that I am like Maharet of The Queen of the Damned (Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles). She has quite a bit of ties to her family (she is like the queen of making family trees. Family genealogy is something I enjoy doing myself) and seems generally calm; however you don't want to be the one to make her angry because her punishments are not for the faint of heart. Otherwise, if there is a character in a book who enjoys reading, has a tendency to provide random facts, loves nature, and I probably will feel that character and I meet in personality. I know I've seen character like that before although my most recent experience was with Miss. Skeeter from The Help. This character was tall, she enjoyed writing and reading, she wasn't married (I'm 25 and really too busy to look for someone to date, let alone marry), she had big dreams and she wasn't going to allow social expectations to hold her back. Well, she struggled a little bit here and there, but she did it. She did what she wanted to do in her life. A lot of her struggles in the book was met with my going, "No, don't do that, I would do that and I know what the outcome is!" and various other cheers and groans. There are other characters who I feel I relate to, personality-wise, but that's the character I can think of most quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!