Friday, July 22, 2011

Blog Hop 7/22

Book Blogger Hop

This Weeks Question:
What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

Answer:
This is tough... I have liked something in nearly every genre. I'm lucky that way. As a teenager I could only read teen fantasy- that was it. I had little to no interest in anything else other than that genre and The Vampire Chronicles. Once I entered college and began studying English my interests branched out to other genres. I devoured a lot of books after that and even still, I'm starting to slowly get more and more into more genres that I previously had trouble enjoying. But there is one genre that I really just find hard to get into.

Horror/Thriller.

Now I like my creepy stuff. But I am so picky with finding a book I will actually read in the Horror section. So picky. Other genres that I can't get a hang of are mystery and romance. But... I'm not particularly interested in those genres. I've never been a big fan of romantic or crime movies, my interest is low with that. But I do like my creepy stuff. I like my creepy tv and my creepy movies, however I always have to be 'in the mood' for it. The same goes for the books, I suppose. I need to be in the mood and it's a mood that is here and gone. But who knows? Ten years ago I never thought I would be reading historic fiction and enjoying it yet here I am. Maybe in another ten years I'll be devouring as many thriller books I can get my hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!