Friday, May 27, 2011

Blog Hop- May 27th

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop

This Weeks Question:
"What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?"


Answer:
Oh boy. Generally I go into the movie theater with this huge expectations for book-to-films. I mean, why would I see the film version if I didn't love the book? So I'm already going in there with this idea that, "This is my favorite book. I love this character, I love that scene, I love this line. I EXPECT IT ALL TO BE THERE." and of course, I'm usually disappointed.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy did a pretty decent job of going from book to film. I mean, those books are incredibly long and yet they were still pretty spot on. I don't believe they would have been able to include everything simply because had they, the already three hour long films would have been even lengthier.

The same goes for Harry Potter. I love all of the films and I promise you I will be a crying mess when I leave the theater after the last film is released. I really enjoy the books and the movies.

Last but not least, Atonement's book-to-film adaptation was beautifully done and I cried while both reading the book and seeing the movie.

What have I disliked? In all honesty, I thought the film versions of Under the Tuscan Sun and Practical Magic were better than the books. The film version of Blood and Chocolate was pretty bad. I know there are more that left me raging but I can't think of them.


Update!
It's been an active week in my neck of the woods. I live in Pennsylvania, kind of the middle/east end of the state, and we've had insane weather as of late! Three tornadoes on Monday, a tornado warning last night, and a storm that was so intense that it blew over trees and knocked out the power for six hours. Now, I already live in the country so it's pretty dark out once the sun goes down. But when the few street lights we have go out it is black outside. I couldn't believe how dark it was!

Luckily, no one has been hurt or killed due to the storms in my area. My heart goes out to the mid west and all those involved in the horrible storms recently.

This past week I've jumped back into book reviewing with a vengeance. Please check out:
The Loud Book and The Quiet Book
Teaser Tuesday
The Wise Owl Bookstore

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!!
Thank you to all who have served in our military.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!