Friday, May 20, 2011

Blog Hop and a General Update

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop

This Weeks Question:
"If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?"

Answer:
I legit muttered a curse under my breath when I read this question. This is, quite possibly, the hardest question I've tried to answer during my time with the weekly Blog Hop. What fictional world would I want to be in? I don't even know. There are so many stories, so many plots, that I fall in love with and wish I could be a part of. But then there is always the negative aspect of that world where I think, I'm not so sure about this. But lets take this seriously for a moment. What world would I want to be in? I love the world of Harry Potter, which I suspect will be a popular answer. Preferably one of the early books before the real battles began. The same goes for Lord of the Rings. The Fellowship of the Ring, which I think would be my final answer, always sounded so... pretty to me. Rivendell was my favorite location in the books. It sounded so beautiful. There are always parts of each season that are beautiful and dreary. Whether it's the muddy rainy days of spring or the dead-looking portions of winter. There are moments where it seems the seasons are almost magical and others where I feel the magic has slipped away. To me, Rivendell sounds like a place where the magical qualities of each season is what makes up the year. Plus I was always a big fan of the elves from Lord of the Rings.

So, there is my answer. If I were to spend a day in a fictional world it would be a day spent in Rivendell during the period that The Fellowship of the Ring took place.



Update:
I want to apologize to my readers. As mentioned a few posts ago I had to put my cat down on the 4th. It was sudden and very much unexpected. I've also been dealing with a couple of other dramatics of life and it's been very hard to get myself to do normal day-to-day functions. Only last week did I finally pick up a book and begin to read again and enjoy it. I'm slowly crawling out of the hole I've been in.

I will not be accepting any books from local or self published authors until I've caught up on the ones that have already been mailed to me. I'm sorry.

Also, if anyone is interested in being a guest on my blog please email me at soonrememberedtales@gmail.com it would be a great help in keeping this blog active while I get my life back together!

And finally, I do have a few reviews that I need to write. Hopefully I'll have them up during the course of the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!