Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog Hop- March 18th!

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop

This Weeks Question:
"Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?"


I have a horrible tendency to read more than one book at a time. As a kid and teenager I would easily switch from one book to another. I distinctly remember being in bed and reading a chapter from one book, move to the next to read another chapter, and then on. I had to learn how to read more than one book at a time all through my years of education or else I would never have had a chance to do pleasure reading. Being an English major, I would regularly have four books to read from cover to cover during the course of one week, all as class assignments. It was incredibly hard to do any pleasure reading at that point but when I could squeeze it in, I would.

Now that I have all the time in the world to do pleasure reading I'm not quite hopping from one book to another anymore. However I am forever 'reading' a selection of books. I've been taking my time with these publications, reading a little bit every couple of weeks or months, but I feel that the works call for such treatment because they're rather lengthy and I'm so easily distracted by other books.
The Complete Poems of William Blake
The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
Modern European History
Don Quixote

And then, I'm reading Vittorio the Vampire by Anne Rice. I also have a couple of other books open that I haven't really begun to read (only have read a page or two). I just can't help reading multiple books at once. I've been doing it since grade school and it's now a part of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!