Friday, February 4, 2011

Blog Hop and an Update- First Friday of February!

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop
"What are you reading now and why are you reading it?"


Answer:
Are you ready for this? I am reading-
The Complete Poems of William Blake
Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
Modern European History
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe


Now if you've been a long time follower of this blog you already know that just about every book on that list, aside from Petterson, are books that I read once in awhile. I'll pull them off the bookshelf, read a poem or a chapter or a historical entry, then I place them back on the shelf where they are forgotten for a number of months. However, they are on my 'currently reading' list on goodreads so I figured it would be best to answer with the most honesty as possible.

I want to know more about history and I want to read more of the 'classics'. That would be the reasoning behind most of those books. And Petterson's book? I just want to read it. About a year ago I came across a review that made the book sound magical. It's just that I couldn't get into it due to real life stuff. It took me awhile but now I feel like I'll be flying through it's pages. We'll see!


Update:
I'm on some sort of a hiatus. I'll be trying to do weekly updates like the blog hop and Teaser Tuesday. If I happen to finish a book and have a review that will go up as well but please, don't run away due to inactivity.

I am taking requests to do guest reviews again!
It can be about any book of any genre.
If you're interested email me at soonrememberedtales@gmail.com

Also, I'm doing a give away!
If you would like to win a free copy of Cecelia Ahern's new book The Book of Tomorrow please see THIS entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!