Monday, January 17, 2011

The Vampire Diaries- Stefan's Diaries: Vol. 2 Bloodlust

The second book in the Stefan's Diaries trilogy picks up where the first book left off. Refer to the first books review here.

We follow the newborn vampires Stefan and Damon as they run from Mystic Falls and arrive in New Orleans. Two new vampires who don't really have any idea of what it is to be a vampire they find themselves not only in trouble but realize just how young and unexperienced they are.

We see the darker side of Stefan who enjoys killing and human blood more than the Stefan we are familiar with on the tv show. Damon is weaker, sadder, certainly not the evil character that I've come to love on the show. However, by the end of the book that crazier character appears.

It's interesting to see the switch in roles of the brothers however I found myself just wanting the Stefan and Damon I enjoy from the show. Lexi appears and I embraced her. I loved her character during the show and I was happy to see read of her relationship with Stefan in the book.

Some of the scenes were incredibly predictable but it still held my attention. Vampire Diaries are generally a good form of entertainment. Whether it's the books, the show, or the books based on the show I'm always happy to sneak away and catch up with Stefan and Damon. They're age appropriate for teenagers and easily something I would have obsessed over when I was younger. Actually I obsess over the show right now. The third book is due out in May which saddens me- that's a long time to wait! But at least the tv show will have new episodes by the end of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!