Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Thank goodness for scheduled posts because this is the first day I've really had the time to sit down and look over this blog. The holidays have a way of taking over your lives, right? As mentioned (I think) I spent part of the week in Washington, DC where I celebrated my God Mother/Aunt's 60th birthday then it was just business at home. Now I am relatively stuck inside because it's raining and I'm getting over the affects of eating gluten while on my trip. (Kind of like having a stomach virus).

Washington DC is one of my favorite cities. Actually, it's my second favorite because NYC will always hold a special place in my heart. I love the hustle and bustle of this youthful city and hope to live in the vicinity of it one day. 



When we arrived I had a few hours to spend with a friend prior to getting ready for the birthday celebration. I love doing touristy things- even in my home town! I love to visit all of the special attractions and no matter how many times I go there I take photos and get just as excited. However this trip was a tiny bit more exciting because I was able to get so close to the White House. 



The party was splendid with a lot of rich food and rich drinks. My body certainly felt the effects of it the following day. New Years was spent at home, talking to friends through skype, and being host to more guests at our home. But now I've returned! I'm back! And I'm eager to dive into the reading challenges of the year plus bring you all more blog posts. 

We've put away the Christmas decorations and now I'm waiting for spring. Usually around January first I begin to keep regular stock of flowers in my bedroom. The little gathering of flowers reminds me that spring isn't that far away. 
(the Amish made hope chest in my room plus the flowers)


I stay away from the word 'resolutions' and try for 'goals' because I'm more likely to do them. So with that my blogs goals for the year are:
  1. Write another weeks worth of Banned Books in the fall!
  2. Have more guest posts.
  3. Incorporate more historical fiction, poetry, and classics into the blog.
  4. Keep up with posts on children's and young adult books.
  5. Maintain having a post every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Even if two of those days are simply Teaser Tuesday and Blog Hop Friday.
  6. Respond to the blogs emails and comments faster.
  7. Entertain and inform you all as well as I possibly can!
Here's hoping I achieve my goals and you all achieve yours! Have a good end to the weekend and I hope you all had a wonderful start to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!