Friday, January 7, 2011

Blog Hop and Update!

Blog Hop:
Book Blogger Hop
"What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"

Answer: It's hard to answer this question simply because so many books have had an influence with my life. I can look at my bookshelf and easily tell you what was happening in my life, how old I was, where I was, what I was doing or how I was feeling when I first read a book. But the most influential author I've read (yes I'm changing the question/answer around a little bit) has to be Anne Rice.

People are allowed their own opinion of her and her writing but The Vampire Chronicles has had the most impact on me. It exposed me to a more adult form of writing (I read the Chronicles when I was in middle school) and the idea that you can explain what something looks like, how it feels, and make it appear to be poetic. Through my absolute love of the books I was able to meet a great group of people who had a fascination with her novels as much as I did. That was in High School- I'm still friends with these people. Even if I do not see them (they're spread out across the US) I speak to them nearly every day. No other book I have read has managed to create a tight little family like The Vampire Chronicles has.

Update:
My 2010 Books Read List
Happy New Years!
A Book Readers Quirks
Teaser Tuesday
Reviewed: Better Together
Huckleberry Finn Censorship

I woke up to three inches of snow this morning which was lovely. The local schools are closed which amuses me to no end because this amount of snow wouldn't even call for a delay back in New York. However, I'll find a way to enjoy it. Maybe even go sledding. You just HAVE to during the winter. It's a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!