Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just a Snowy Day

One of my favorite book series as a kid was Mercer Mayer's Little Critters. I. Loved. These. Books. I still own a slew of the copies and every time I do childrens donation it's a Little Critters book. All I want is for children to experience the joy I felt with the series. I loved them. Hands down I still do.

Despite the collection of Mercer Mayer books I owned as a child my favorite was, by far, the touch and feel book Just a Snowy Day. Children and adults alike can follow Little Critter as he prepares to play in the snow. On with the boots and coat, don't forget your hat, and out the door you go. But what can you do in the snow? Little Critter goes skating and sledding before going indoors to have hot cocoa (which was what my mother always gave me when I would come in from playing in the snow).

But much like all little kids playing in the snow could be exhausting. Quick, get ready and hop into bed! Each page features something to touch or a detail that can move. My favorite page has a spinning wheel to display the falling snow outdoors (my personal favorite part of winter is when there is actual snow falling).

This is a cute book that is strictly for winter and does not feature any holiday/religious related... well... anything. It's good childhood fun in the snow, a great gift to give your child when they experience their first snow day, and something (I can tell you from experience) you can enjoy for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!