Monday, November 1, 2010

Post Hallowen/Start of November Informative Announcement- With Pictures!

Welcome November!

I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween weekend and are recovering from your sugar highs quickly. It was chilly here for Halloween and the kids came out dressed in winter jackets. My favorite? The little girl dressed as a lady bug who said that she liked my pumpkin and that it was really cool.
I spent 3 hours carving that thing. The shell of the pumpkin was over two inches thick and it was too delicate for me to really saw into it. The fact that kids liked the pumpkin makes the tedious carving all worth while. The least favorite? We only got 7 kids. Maybe it was because of the cold (39 degrees) but really... we had a monsoon one year and got more kids then this.


Oliver was pooped from the holiday festivities. Being too cute can be tiring.

Anyway, I wanted to pop on and give you all a heads up of the festivities going on here at Soon Remembered Tales.

First, if you missed out on who the CSN Give Away winner was go HERE.

Second, I'm going on hiatus! But no worries, there will still be book reviews coming up all month by a series of guest writers and I'll still be posting on Blog Hop Friday in addition to my Blogs second year anniversary! Please check the series of posts out and the authors blogs too!

The reason for the mini hiatus? I want you all to get a taste of the different review styles that are out there, not to mention the great bloggers who write them. Also, I'm taking a small break so that I can get caught up on reading... but the main reason is so that I can partake in this years NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).


If you are partaking in it as well feel free to become a nano buddy of mine!
Here's my profile: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/140369

Last night I drank lots of coffee and waited for the clock to strike midnight. I prepared beforehand and was ready to go by 11:59. I wanted to get some writing in before I started my work week again.



This will be the fifth year that I've done NaNo and hopefully the third time I'll win. I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to pull it off though, we'll have to see. Wish me the best of luck and to those of you who are doing NaNo as well, GOOD LUCK! See you at the finishing line!

If you need to get ahold of me I'll still be active on the blog, just not posting so much. You can also email me at soonrememberedtales@gmail.com.

Happy November! See you all (at the very latest) in December!