Friday, November 19, 2010

Book Blog Hop and NaNoWriMo Update #3

Book Blogger Hop
Question of the Week:
"Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this week's Hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!"


I am most thankful for the opportunities that have been presented to me, for my friends, and my family. Really, to discuss all that I am thankful for would take far too long and you would grow bored. But do know that every day as I'm laying down in bed I try to think of my day. I think of all that had bothered me during the course of it and I ponder if it was really that bad. 99% of the time-it wasn't. And for that I am thankful.

This year we're celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Yes, nearly a week ahead of schedule. My father is a truck driver and he can make decent money if he is to deliver during the holidays. You know, final shipments to stores so that they can have full stock for Black Friday. He will likely be in Canada during the official holiday so we're celebrating tomorrow instead. On the actual Thanksgiving holiday I will watch my beloved Macy's Day Parade (because it's tradition, and I've danced at Radio City Music Hall before with the Rockettes). Since the big dinner is taken out of the picture I don't really know what else we'll do with the day- which kind of saddens me. Although the prospect of Christmas excites me. Christmas begins (in my bedroom through decorations) as soon as Thanksgiving is over. Since I'm celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow- my 2 foot tall Christmas tree will be up by Sunday. I'm very excited for that. Maybe I'll go into Christmas traditions further along in the season but for now, I'll leave this with you.




NaNoWriMo Update: Week 3
In a weeks time my writing flow began to taper off and stop. It became incredibly hard to get from a thousand words to another thousand words. Then I sat back, took a deep breath, and focused on each 100 words I wrote. That was all, go from one 100 words and get to the next. Those hundred words do not take long to type and before you know it you've gained a thousand words or more.

Mondays have more or less proven to be too hectic for me to do much. I work from morning until night- literally. On most days I don't get home until at least 8:30 at night so I have slim to no energy to write. But I plucked away because gosh-darn-it I wanted to finish NaNoWriMo asap because I missed reading books.

And I did it. I made it to 50,000 words around 4pm on Thursday.
I've finished NaNoWriMo for the third time.
=)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...