Friday, November 12, 2010

Blog Hop Friday and NaNoWriMo Update Week 2

Shortly after posting last weeks blog hop I ended up curled up in a ball on my living room couch- only getting up to run to the bathroom and throw up. Yes, I was attacked by the stomach flu that is going around my area. I got it from one job and brought it to another where it's spreading currently. It was horrible and I was laid up for most of the weekend. Thursday-Monday are fuzzy in my memory. I didn't have a substantial meal until Tuesday morning. Wednesday and Thursday I was back to work which I'm still trying to decide if it was a good idea or not. We'll see.

So with that:
Book Blogger Hop
Question of the Week:
"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"

Answer:
Yes. Unless I have been told by people who have read the series that it is easy to go out of order. However, I think the last time I still went out of order was when I was in middle school. I need to go in order. I'm compulsive like that, things need to be in order. So if there is a book that is in the series- I must read it in order. Therefore, that first book better be pretty good if the author/publishing company wants me to continue with the series.

NaNoWriMo Update- Week 2
The stomach flu did a number on my goal for the weekend and week. I had a goal to make it to 25,000 words by Friday/Saturday and on Friday I didn't even write a single word. By Saturday I didn't even write an additional 1,000 words. Somehow, by Tuesday, I made it to 30,000 words. 

And then my word count died again. As mentioned above I worked Wednesday and Thursday. Both days were exhausting since I had been so weakened from the flu and I had a list of things to do since I was sick for so long.

I hope to crank out 10,000 words this weekend. I wanted to be done with NaNo by Wednesday morning  of this upcoming week but I'm not entirely sure it will happen. Alas, getting sick was out of my control. 

I hope all of you who are participating in NaNoWriMo are finding the flow of words unending and quickly nearing your goal!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...