Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Hop Friday and NaNoWriMo Update

Book Blogger Hop

Question of the week: "What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"

My feelings with losing followers are mixed. They'll range from disappointment, confusion, to paranoia. If I see a drop in followers after I make a specific post I wonder, why? Is it something I said? But if I see it happening when I'm not making posts over a couple of days I just figure the person has grown bored and moved on.

I have stopped following blogs before and generally my reasoning has been that I don't find myself connecting with the posts or, and this has happened, the person just does not update. There has never been a time where I've stopped following someone because of something they've specifically written upsetting/offending me.

Moving along....

Because of NaNoWriMo I've had a few special posts this week:
A CSN Stores Give Away Winner Post Here!
A Halloween Recap Post Here!
A Guest Post by Elizabeth Post Here!
and A Guest Post by Ray Post Here!


NaNoWriMo is going well for me. As of the time that I wrote this post I was at 17,280 words. My goal is to be finished with NaNoWriMo by Thanksgiving. We shall see if I can achieve it. On the shorter end of goals- I hope to get to 20,000 by the end of the weekend (maybe 25,000 if I'm really being an overachiever). None the less, I have been hard at work.



Again, if you are doing NaNoWriMo yourself and would like another NaNo buddy, please add me! I really adore NaNoWriMo when I properly prepare for it and make the time (last year, I somewhat failed at that aspect). I even have a specific NaNo meal for the event!

Mountain Dew- Code Red
and my Make-It-Your-Own Sheetz Fryz

Code Red was my weapon of choice when it came to finals during college or having to sit up for long nights of essay writing. I depended on that stuff like it was a necessity to survival. But the fries are a completely new concept and definitely something that spoils me enough that I feel determined to 'work it off' by writing a lot! Sheetz gas stations have a menu available where you can chose what you want on your fries. I pick (if you're a health freak don't read this): nacho cheese, diced onions, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream. And it is to die for. Probably literally since I'm sure my arteries are clogging as you read this.

With writing, everything else in my life has been on the back burner. Cleaning, doing other little odd jobs, my belongings are strewn everywhere. It's a mess. But it works.

Next week maybe we'll discuss the awesome fall weather we've been having and the fireplace that makes me feel whole.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...