Friday, September 3, 2010

Pretty Little Liars: Unbelievable (book 4)

Yet again I flew through this book. I have a feeling that this is how all of the books are going to be for me. Unlike book three, this book flowed and there were great developments with every character and the story overall. So let's head along to the typical display of:

*SPOILER WARNING*
If you haven't read the first three books I suggest you do not read this book. This is when we finally find out who A is! Although, I won't say who A is, I will say that I never liked the character but it wasn't someone I really suspected because she had kind of a minor role through the majority of the book.

There is so much going on with every character and it appears that when some characters don't have too much exciting news to share they are pushed off, lacking chapters, until something exciting does happen. I appreciate that, a lot, because the book prior to this one would include every characters rambling day-by-day account even if nothing exciting was happening.

Now that A's threats are becoming more threatening (hello, Hannah is in critical condition in the hospital) the girls become more frightened. Emily is sent off to her crazy cousins house because she is now out of the closet, Hannah is fighting for her life, Aria is homeless and decides to begrudgingly move in with her father and home-wrecker girlfriend, and Spencer is unsure that she very well could be the killer... that, or her sister.

All of the pieces begin to fall into place and characters discover other sides to the people around them. Don't ever trust that you know everything about your closest friends. Just because these four girls have a list of secrets doesn't mean they're the only ones.

I appreciate that Emily's family comes around in this book and that she and Maya have a falling out (I never really liked that character). I'm glad that Aria's mother also get's over blaming her daughter for her husbands mistake. Glad that Spencer and her sister begin to see more eye-to-eye. All three characters grow a little while once Hannah awakens from her coma she loses every step she had previously made and falls back into her less then like-able character.

The end of the book, when A is revealed, I really couldn't read it fast enough, I wanted to know what happened. This book could have easily been the end to the series but there are four more books which I am assuming will answer who exactly killed Alison (because although A was revealed there is no say as to who was the murderer).

I'm going to take a break from these books for a little bit before diving into the last four books of the series. But it was well worth the read. Definitely my favorite book of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!