Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Bag of Loot

Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday! I did, indeed, have a happy one and I'm still riding on the fumes of the day. Every year when I celebrate my birthday I insist of giving myself some type of a gift. Sometimes, it can be a little pricey, other times it's something I really need (like, to pay bills). This year my loot was enjoyable and I wanted to share the list with you (before returning to your regularly scheduled book reviews)

Ethos Water

Proceeds of this water go to children in Africa, ensuring they have clean drinking water. I bought the bottle while chilling at a Starbucks with a friend. 


Yarn

I love how adorably soft Caron's Eco-friendly yarn is, I've been working on a blanket with the neutral colored yarn since winter but when the heat of summer hit I never went back to buy more yarn. Lately, it's been so hot that I've been locked indoors with the AC on full blast. So with the chilly indoor air I've been craving my crochet needle.

Applebee's
My friends and I went for their weekly karaoke night. I had a great shrimp salad, pina colada, and my coworkers told the Applebee's employees that it was my birthday (mine and a coworkers) and they came out singing and gave us free desert. Woo!

The A to Z Guide to Crochet

I've had my eye on this book since winter. It's color is so bright! And I am by far a beginner at crocheting. My talents consist of knowing three stitches and I am capable of making two things: a scarf and a blanket. I hope by the time I'm married and having children I can make baby booties. (because they're friggen adorable)

Aesop's Fables

I got caught up reading this while at work. I was walking around with my jobs brand new Kobo eReader and my choice of books was Aesop. I've wanted to read it for years and when I had to give up the Kobo I was left wanting more.

It was a wonderful birthday and I am ready for the new year. Even numbers are my numbers, as I've mentioned before, and it just feels right that I am an even 24 years old.

2 comments: