Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Don't Float

Irrelevant? Yes. Silly? Yes. Totally worth your money? YES.

For all the literary nerds who enjoy jokes about their classic lit characters this is the perfect read. What if these characters who you've read through High School and college logged onto facebook? Schmelling creates hilarious profiles and news feeds for the worlds best characters, novels, and authors.

Throughout the read I caught myself laughing out loud. While I understood the news feeds of many because I had read the books. The feeds based on books I had not read were somewhat lost on me.

But that didn't stop them from being funny.

In fact, they made me become more interested. I was hearing the jokes of the books I had not previously read and they seemed interesting. In fact, it made me want to pick up these books and give them a try.

For the book nerds, the English majors, and anyone who is willing to laugh this is a book to be enjoyed. Something which will cause unexpected laughter and glee.

1 comment: