Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Important Facts of the Past Decade

Consider this a list of memories and memorials of 2000-2009. With the decade ending I feel it's appropriate to think of how much has happened in the past 10 years. I feel like 2000 just began.

Those I have Lost:
Aunt Karen- 11.18.2001
+
Jasmine- 1.20.2004
+
Dave - 3.18.2006
+
Cathy- 10.14.2007
+
Uncle Tim- 8.12.2008
+
Tasha - My doggie- 1.29.2009

The Milestones (And Important Events) That I've Had:
Graduating Middle School
Starting High School
Being Inducted into the National Honor Society
Being Nominated the Most Artistic Girl in School
Getting Into College(s)
Graduating High School
Starting College
Falling In Love for the First Time Ever
Getting My License
Being Inducted into the English Honor Society (Sigma Tau Delta!)
Having My Heart Broken for the First Time Ever
Graduating from College
Learning to be a Strong Independent Woman (I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy!)
Getting Jobs in Which I Can Pay ALL of My Bills
Getting A Namesake In The Writing World

A Comparison
Age on January 1st 2000: 13
Age on January 1st 2010: 23
State Living In On January 1st 2000: New York
State Living In On January 1st 2010: Pennsylvania

When I was a kid I used to read a bunch of books... compared to my friends and classmates I was a bookworm who read far too much. It was one of the things I was known for. But comparing my intake of books from the past couple of years (let alone when I was 13) until now.... well the numbers jumped, tripled even. When I was in school as an English major I read less than I do now with a 30hr/a/week job.

I've definitely grown up a lot. I can't get over how much I've grown in the past two years alone! It's just very eye opening for me. When I ended my first full decade of life (1990-1999) I had been far too young for a good portion of the 90's to clearly remember or appreciate how I've grown and changed. This is my first chance and it's certainly eye opening!

I've lost some wonderful people in my life but the lessons I've learned from them still live strong in me. I've changed, in some ways for the better, and in others for the worst. It all depends on who you ask. But for me... to me... I'm quite happy with who I am. I'm still working on the details but I'm impressed with the results so far.

I have a few wishes for this upcoming decade and year:
-to be happy
-to not have so many deaths
-to not have so many illnesses
-to be joyful
-and to always be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. It's been quite the decade for you hasn't it? Even though I'm 4 years younger, I have to relate to some of your experiences. Here's to a new decade =D

    ReplyDelete