Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Readers, time to make your suggestions!

Decembers Book of the Month votes can now be placed.
So all of you readers, if you have a book that you love and think I would enjoy, please leave a comment on this post!

I hope everyone can land a suggestion and I will chose one of the books to read. Then, on December 1st, I'll post my opinion of the book along with the opinion of the person who suggested the book to me.

So please get your thinking caps on and think of a book that falls under this category:
Something I must read
Something you loved yourself
Something you would think I too would love
And preferably a book that has a great influence on your life

Leave your suggestions in the comments below and we'll see on December 1st what book I pick!

8 comments:

  1. I am a huge lover of fantasy and classics (weird combo I know) so if you haven't already read these you should:

    Three Musketeers (my favorite of all time)
    Count of Monte Cristo (second favorite of all time)
    Jane Eyre
    Les Miserables
    The Goose Girl (way cool fantasy about a princess that can talk to animals)
    The Unicorn Chronicles (these were the books of my childhood and I still love them)
    The Neverending Story (movie was awesome but the book was amazing and it's the only book my brother and I agree on)

    Hope there's one in there that you haven't read yet ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue. It is a little sad but I love this book and read it atleast once a year.

    The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I just finished this. It is the first in a series of 5 about a teen who finds out that he is the son of a god.

    Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I didnt think I would like this but it was a pretty amazing book about a guy who ended up in the circus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. evernight is a book bout a vampire and a vampire hunter and they have forbiden love its very good and is a series im sure you would enjoy the books so far there are only two and the third comes out in march..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm about to profess my love for pure chick lit. if you haven't, read one for the money by janet evanovich. i seriously want to be stephenie plum when i grow up.

    it's fluff. but it's oh-so-funny. i've laughed until i've cried.

    also, if you've never read anita shreve, you could try either strange fits of passion, or all he ever wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. or, read naked by david sedaris. it's a book of essays, and another one that i laughed until i cried. and some parts just made me want to cry. he has a way of capturing snapshots of life that we can all relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your awesome suggestions! It was so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete