Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One Year Anniversary!

Today is the one year anniversary since I started this blog. :) Back then it was only for fun and I had very little hopes that anyone would ever read it. Now I have over 20 readers and I love each and every one of them!

For the anniversary I figured I'd make a list of 12 different facts about me... since usually we don't dive too far into my personal life. So here we go!

12 Facts for 12 Months
  1. I am an only child and always wanted to have siblings. But I think being an only child helped me develop my creative streak!
  2. I had white blonde hair as a little kid, it's darkened since then and during the summer I get wicked thick blonde streaks from the sun.
  3. I used to be a dancer in High School. I've taken classes in tap, jazz, swing, ballroom, belly dancing, lyrical, hip-hop, ballet, and a cultural mix. I've also done a mock audition for the Radio City Rockettes and learned three of their dances!
  4. I originally was going to go to college for art but then changed my mind and went for English. The only regret I have is that I didn't simply dual major in the two. Art is still my second love to reading.Self-Portrait via what one would look like pressed up against a photocopier.
  5. I am a MUTT. My heritage goes as follows: German, Sicilian (or Italian), Swedish, Dutch, English, and Irish. :-)
  6. My favorite seasons are summer and fall. I definitely enjoy spring and winter for certain aspects but they aren't my favorites. Despite that I despise winter from the months of January til it's over with... I could never live somewhere where I don't experience seasons. One of my favorite aspects of fall is the changing of the leaves, the crisp air, and the smell of wood smoke. And my favorites of summer consist of my birthday, the warmth, the shade, swimming, birds, and all of the fun things that you can go and experience!Musikfest August 2009Hawk Mountain October 2008
  7. I grew up in New York in the Catskill Mountains. I was about 30 minutes from the Woodstock Festival site and 30 minutes from Orange County Choppers which are featured on the tv channel TLC. Gavin DeGraw went to my High School. He's actually a very sweet and down to earth person. I moved to Pennsylvania the week I turned 21 and now live and work near where TLC's Jon and Kate Plus 8 live. I also live by the Amish.
  8. I am really good at coming up with crafty fun things and baked goods. Not so much at the hard labor. In fact, I'm kinda scary with it.Habitat for Humanity circa 2007
  9. I am gluten free due to celiac's disease (an allergy to gluten). It's hard to resist cookies and cakes, pastas and breads, and microwavable snacks but it will be beneficial in the long run. I've been g-free for one month and in a months time I'm already seeing my health improve and I've found a lot of g-free foods that taste like the real thing!
  10. My 'life dreams' consist of the following: taking more art classes, taking classes to raise my GPA, get into a grad school, graduate from a grad school, learn a foreign language, get married, have children, and raise them to appreciate life and books. And also have them steeped into the tradition of appreciating food (by making meals from scratch and growing our own plants!)
  11. I want to travel to Europe. I want to travel there SO BADLY. I have a map of Europe taped behind my bedroom door and the countries I want to visit are all colored in with highlighter. I will literally fall into a (brief) depression if I think about how I'm not in Europe and will likely not be able to afford it for a very long time. I feel like traveling Europe is very much a 'calling' of some sort.
  12. Detailed description of me is needed! I am 5'9", I have blonde hair, I have blue/gray eyes that turn green when I cry (my face also gets a very patchy red color to it). I have incredibly long fingers, I surpass the finger length of most guys, and my feet are a bit big- but average for someone my height. I have horrible knee and hip problems due to dance injuries and fear how I'll be when I'm old. I wear glasses for distance and I hated having them splattered with rain so I finally got contacts a year ago. My hair is just past my shoulders... although it used to be only a bob and before that... almost to my butt. I miss the long hair to be honest. I care for my family and friends with a fierceness that can be frightening- I'm equally protective to them. I'm the same way to people I don't really know but show me kindness. And I love you, my readers, because all of your comments have been so genuine and sweet. You're all fantastic people and I am proud that you're my following.

3 comments:

  1. Yay one year Anniversary!!!

    It's great getting to know you! And your blog is terrific =) I really enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Check out travelzoo.com for cheap plane tickets. Go to Europe! I loved it. I studied abroad and it was amazing. Went back one other time. Hope to go this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm an only child too! i wish i was a dancer, and an artist. i'm also an english major =] i feel ya on the travel thing - just to leave. to have the freedom to leave. *sigh* we'll get there!

    happy one year =]

    ReplyDelete