Thursday, October 8, 2009

November Book of the Month

Thanks to those of you who left comments. It's pretty obvious what book I will be reading and I want to repeatedly thank the two lovely ladies who 'voted', so to speak.

You girls are awesome, thanks so much!
I'll try to figure out a way to get ahold of the both of you so that I may get a entry from each stating why you loved the book (which you both chose) and why you think I should read it and why you think I would enjoy it. I'll be featuring it in my journal entry come November 1st!

Also, we are a mere twenty three days away from the start of NaNoWriMo. I hope you have all signed up and are getting ready for the kick off!

For those of you who do not know NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is the month of November and a great way to celebrate it is to join the thousands of people who, at midnight of Halloween night, will set off to try and write a 50,000 story by midnight of November 30th. That's about 175 pages worth of a story, poem, whatever and you all have to write it within the month of November.

You get a snazzy internet button and print out certificate if you win and my favorite prize of all: the pride that I can write that much in so short a time.

I honestly feel some of my best ideas come up during NaNoWriMo. It's incredibly fun and I go all the way by stocking up on soda cans and downing them two hours before midnight on Halloween. Then I sit at my computer and type like crazy until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. It might not sound like too much fun for some people but the sense of unity- so many people doing the same exact thing- and the pride you get out of completing it all is amazing.

So go check out NaNoWriMo and prepare for November 1st!

3 comments:

  1. dude! i've been linked by two different bloggers in the past week. sweet action!

    you can always drop me a comment - they get sent to my email =]

    i hope you looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop on over to my blog. I have an award for you:)

    P.S. Our book for Book Club is Dead Until Dark by Harris. If you have read it join in at the end of the month. I know your already busy reading other things:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot awesome! I hope you like it!

    You can comment on my blog or I can get you my email address whatever will work best =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...